SICB is Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
The Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology is committed to improving and incorporating Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ) into its practices as an organizing and guiding principle.
In recent years, DEIJ-focused lectures, symposia, and workshops at the annual meeting have been important experiences for many and begun critical conversations. Work on guidelines for broadening participation, development of a robust meeting code of conduct and other efforts have also strengthened SICB’s foundation in DEIJ.
There is a lot of work to do and ongoing attention to DEIJ is critical. The Broadening Participation Committee, Public Affairs Committee, Education Council and other groups and individuals have and continue to provide critical leadership and tremendous effort toward DEIJ priorities. We welcome and encourage your participation in the work. You can reach out to relevant SICB leaders or directly to SICB’s President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies and Statements
- Meeting code of conduct
- SICB statement in response to the January 6th insurrection in Washington, DC
- SICB letter to the supreme court on diversity in science
- SICB statement on #ShutDownSTEM
- Statement on SICB 2023 Austin, TX Venue Selection
- SICB Speaks Out on the Importance of DEIJ in Higher Education
- Pride Month – a collection of resources
- Black History Month – a collection of resources
- Broadening Participation Committee Page