The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor position in the Biology Department beginning August 15, 2023. UC Blue Ash College is the largest regional college in Ohio, located in Blue Ash, Ohio, with an enrollment of approximately 5,100 students. Applicants must be strong communicators and effective classroom facilitators with the skills to teach in a culturally diverse, student-centered environment.
This is a non-tenure track position at the Visiting Assistant Professor level for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Teach a full-time teaching load (including both lecture and/or laboratory classes) in the Fall and Spring Semesters
- Teaching responsibilities include introductory biology classes for majors, non-majors/general education, and pre-health professional students
- Proficient in teaching the biological concepts for introductory courses with a particular emphasis on cell biology and anatomy and physiology.
Prior to the effective date of the appointment, applicants must have a Doctorate Degree in Biology or a related field and at least one academic year of teaching experience in Biology or a related field.
Apply online at https://bit.ly/3JC6rp1 and upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- List of three (3) professional references with addresses, email, and phone contact information
- Please use the “Additional Documents” option for the additional documents
Application review will begin March 20th, 2023, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.