The management of the Society is vested in an Executive Committee consisting of:
- Executive Officers
- Three Members-at-Large from the Society general membership
- Chairs of the Divisions of the Society
- Editor of the journal Integrative and Comparative Biology
- Editor of the journal Integrative Organismal Biology
- Communications Editor
- Chair of the Broadening Participation Committee
- Chair of the Development Committee
- Chair of the Educational Council
- Chair of the Membership Committee
- Chair of the Public Affairs Committee
- Chair of the Student/Postdoctoral Affairs Committee
- Chair of the Student Support Committee
The Executive Director of the Society serves as an ex officio member of the Executive Committee, and may not vote.
The Executive Committee is the governing Board of the Society. It is responsible for the conduct of the affairs of the Society and reviews and establishes policies and procedures of the Society in line with the provisions of the Constitution and the Bylaws.
– SICB Constitution, Article III, Section 2. SICB Bylaws, Article XIII, Section 1.
The Executive Committee meets several times per year. A group of core officers known as the Executive Officers meets weekly and performs much of the routine management of the society, reporting regularly to the Executive Committee. The Executive Officers include the President, President-Elect, Past President, Secretary, Secretary-Elect, Treasurer, Treasurer-Elect, Program Officer, and the Program Officer-Elect. The Executive Director and the Communications Editor also regularly attend the Executive Officer meetings.