Meeting Resources for Students
Presentation TipsSome links to advice on what to do and how to present at professional meetings, oral and poster presentations, etc.
Poster PresentationEach poster is required to contain a panel listing the title of the abstract, the name(s) of the author(s) and a copy of your abstract in large type. The following guidelines may prove helpful in the preparation of your poster.
- Use a large font size, and bullet your major points. Text should be printed in fonts of about 3/8" height.
- Keep the text to a minimum - most posters contain far too much text.
- Attractive charts, tables and graphics will greatly increase the effectiveness of any poster. Illustrations and tables should be kept relatively simple to maximize legibility. Avoid "artsy" style and keep captions brief.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Choose colors that are easily distinguishable from one another. Symbols, letters and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of six feet.
- It's easier to read a poster if the information is arranged in vertical columns rather than horizontal strips.