- Call for Symposia Proposals Open (Deadline: Aug 24, 2015)
- Annual meeting attendance was 1882.
- Lynn (Marty) Martin, currently Chair of DEDE, was appointed ICB Editor; his term starts January 2016.
- SICB presents honorary membership to Moore lecturer John Jungck.
- Jodie Rummer presents Bart lecture.
- Randy Nelson presents Bern lecture.
- Devaleena Pradhan wins Dorothy Skinner Award.
- Linda Walters receives the second “M. Patricia Morse Award for Excellence and Innovation in Science Education.”
- Best Student Presentation Winners receive awards sponsored by Wiley/Blackwell. Award winners are announced.
- Eight talks were highlighted in Newswise press releases, thanks to the volunteer writers and the Public Affairs Committee.
The parrotfish Chlorurus sordidus on a Red Sea coral reef (Photo by Andrew Hoey).
Experiences in Integrative and Comparative Biology
by Peter Wainwright
Progress in Science: SICB, Research and People
"It was while looking at these specimens, drying in the shade outside the lab, when parrotfish jaws finally began to click for me."