News & Announcements
Experiences in Integrative and Comparative Biology
by Hal Heathwole
Reflections: One Thing Leads to Another, but Paths Do Diverge in the Woods, and the Wheel Does Turn
"After five cold, snowy winters in Michigan, and realizing that 95% of the biology is in the tropics but only 5% of the biologists, I made the decision to seek a job somewhere in the tropics."
SICB 2016 Annual MeetingPortland, OR - Call for Symposia Open
SICB 2014 Annual Meeting Headlines
- Annual meeting attendance was robust despite travel woes.
- Executive Committee Actions:
- SICB forms a new Division of Ecoimmunology and Disease Ecology
- New Orleans chosen as the 2017 annual meeting site.
- SICB presents honorary memberships to Plenary speaker Randy Olson and Moore lecturer Ross Nehm.
- Mike Hadfield receives the first “M. Patricia Morse Award for Excellence and Innovation in Science Education.”
- Dan Warner presents Bart lecture.
- Lou Guillette presents Bern lecture.
- Connie O’Connor wins Dorothy Skinner Award.
- SICB announces search for new editor of Integrative and Comparative Biology as Editor Hal Heatwole steps down in 2016 after ten years of service.
Best Student Presentation Winners receive awards sponsored by Wiley/Blackwell. Award winners are announced.