News & Announcements
Life is a twisting journey, and you often can't see around the corner. Keep going!
- Call for Symposia Proposals Open (Deadline: Aug 24, 2015)
- Annual meeting attendance was 1882.
- Lynn (Marty) Martin, currently Chair of DEDE, was appointed ICB Editor; his term starts January 2016.
- SICB presents honorary membership to Moore lecturer John Jungck.
- Jodie Rummer presents Bart lecture.
- Randy Nelson presents Bern lecture.
- Devaleena Pradhan wins Dorothy Skinner Award.
- Linda Walters receives the second “M. Patricia Morse Award for Excellence and Innovation in Science Education.”
- Best Student Presentation Winners receive awards sponsored by Wiley/Blackwell. Award winners are announced.
- Eight talks were highlighted in Newswise press releases, thanks to the volunteer writers and the Public Affairs Committee.
SICB Science News: Stories by Student Journalists, 2015 Annual Meeting
Chipmunks on the move: New ways to measure behavior help researchers explore uneven impacts of climate change. By Laura Booth, Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology, Columbia University
Where will lightning strike next? By Ieva Roznere, Department of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology, The Ohio State University
Hamsters use a novel approach to control aggression. By Devin Merullo, Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The mind of the matter: social interactions contribute to intelligence in birds. By Alexis Lanza, Department of Biology, University of Florida