SICB Annual Meeting 2017
2017 SICB Annual Meeting Highlights
- New Orleans was the largest SICB meeting ever with 2341 registered attendees and 1971 abstracts submitted
- Dorothy Skinner Award – presented to Dr. Martina Müller, Nagoya University
- Carl Gans Award – presented to Dr. Brooke Flammang, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- George A. Bartholomew Award – presented to Dr. Michael Sheriff, Pennsylvania State University
- Howard A. Bern lecture – presented by Dr. David Crews, University of Texas Austin
- M. Patricia Morse Award for Excellence and Innovation in Science Education – presented to Dr. Chris Gillen, Kenyon College.
- John A. Moore Lecturer – Rosalind Reid, Council for the Advancement of Science Writing, who also was presented with an Honorary SICB Membership.
- The Broadening Participation Committee presented 21 travel awards
- The Student Support Committee announced funding of 26 Grants in aid of Research (GIAR) and 8 Fellowships of Graduate Student Travel (FGST) awards, which were granted to students from all 11 SICB divisions.
- Best Student Presentation Winners receive awards sponsored by Wiley/Blackwell. Congratulations to all winners!