The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science of the University of Miami is a world leader in Earth sciences. Fundamental research is combined with an emphasis on interdisciplinary science, natural resource management, and understanding of the impacts of natural disasters and global environmental change. The Rosenstiel School strives for academic excellence while committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the RSMAS community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Rosenstiel School in Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami (UM) seeks to expand its vibrant intellectual community through inviting applications within a cluster hiring initiative to appoint up to five tenured or tenure-track faculty members, one per Department, who meet the following qualifications:
- Faculty who would bring visibility, renown, and additional impact to any of the five individual RSMAS Departments in Atmospheric Sciences, Ocean Sciences, Marine Geosciences, Marine Biology and Ecology, or Environmental Science and Policy;
- Faculty who would add to the long-standing goal of increasing diversity across our departments;
Applications will be considered at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor ranks. Each appointment is expected to start as soon as feasible but no later than August 15, 2022. To be eligible for each appointment, candidates must hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field by the appointment start date.
Applications can be submitted via the UM Careers website at https://umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UMFaculty and shall include:
- Letter of interest that describes your anticipated contributions to scholarship, teaching, and service in the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
- Current CV
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- A statement that explains your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- The names of three colleagues who can provide us with a reference
Please know that you can upload all your application documents in a single PDF or in up to five documents (5MB per file) under the Resume/CV section of your online application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, protected veterans, LGBTQIA+ people, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.